Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday, May 7, 2009




Monday 2/23/2009. First day of missed period. I suspect pregnancy based on vague symptoms. Chad is skeptical...still...I lay off the lattes.


Thursday 2/26/2009. Still no period, I race home from work (stopping at Walgreen's on the way) to take a test before Chad goes in to work moonlighting overnight. We have about 20 minutes together at home. I pee on the stick and we wait. After a few minutes, I go back into the bathroom to read the test. "What is it" I think. Is that just a control line? But if I squint my eyes and turn my head to the left a little bit I think I see a perpendicular line which would make the all-telling PLUS sign! "What is it?" Chad asks from the other room. "I don't know" I say. "What do you mean you don't know?" as he is walking in. "It's equivocal" I say. He looks. "This looks negative" he says. "But I have taken quite a few pregnancy tests in my life and they have never looked equivocal before...maybe it's positive." Tick...tick...tick...Chad says "You are going back to Walgreen's aren't you." "I'll page you when I know the result."


So back to Walgreen's (a different one this time because it's winter in STL so dark already and the Walgreen's closest to our condo isn't the best place for a lady after dark). This time I buy 2 and the ones that read "pregnant" or "not pregnant" to avoid confusion...who knew that with 24 years of higher education between us, we would not be able to interpret a pregnancy test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Starting our Family © 2008. Design by Pocket